Lois A. Gruhin
Lois A. Gruhin joined Zashin & Rich Co., L.P.A. in 1992. Prior to joining Zashin & Rich, Lois was General Counsel and Secretary for Schottenstein Stores Corporation where she managed corporate, real estate, tax, labor and employment law matters. At Zashin & Rich, Lois manages the firm's Columbus, Ohio office. Lois' practice includes employment discrimination, sexual harassment, employee privacy issues, wrongful discharge, unfair competition and all other employment related matters.
Lois received her B.A. from Rutgers University. She earned her law degree (J.D.), magna cum laude, from the University of Louisville, where she was the Executive Editor of the Journal of Family Law. She won the Louis D. Brandeis and Carl Mann Scholarships and received the West Publishing Company prize for the highest scholarship average in the first year class, the Phi Alpha Delta Robert B. Linton Award for the outstanding first year student, the American Law Book Company Award for the second year student who made the most significant contribution to overall legal scholarship, and the Kappa Beta Pi Award for the outstanding third year woman student.
Prior to joining Schottenstein Stores Corporation, Lois was Assistant Corporate Counsel and Assistant Secretary for SCOA Industries Inc. She also was an attorney for Ohio Bell in Cleveland, Ohio, and was an associate at Marshall, Bratter, Greene, Allison & Tucker in New York, New York.
Lois has passed the Ohio, New York, New Jersey and Kentucky bar exams and is also licensed to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and the Northern District of Ohio. She is a member of the Columbus Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Kentucky State Bar Association.
Lois lectures on many employment law topics and frequently moderates and presents for the Council On Education In Management and Lorman Education Services, Inc.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Employee Privacy Issues
- Wrongful Discharge
- Unfair Competition
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Louis D. Brandeis and Carl Mann Scholarships
- Honors: West Publishing Company Prize for the Highest Scholarship
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta Robert B. Linton Award
- Honors: American Law Book Company Award
- Honors: Kappa Beta Pi Award for Outstanding Third Year Woman Student
- Law Review: Journal of Family Law, Executive Editor
- Rutgers University
- Lecturer, Employment Law, Lorman Education Services, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Phi Alpha Delta Robert B. Linton Award
- American Law Book Company Award
- Kappa Beta Pi
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky State Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Schottenstein Stores Corporation, General Counsel and Secretary
- SCOA Industries Inc, Assistant Corporate Counsel and Assistant Secretary
- Ohio Bell in Cleveland, Ohio, Attorney
- Marshall, Bratter, Greene, Allison & Tucker, New York, Associate